Monday, August 5, 2013

The Pillow Case Scarf


Over the weekend, I made an adventure to my favorite place on earth, Ikea. {I could write a whole blog on how much I love that place} While there, I found some really cute pillow cases in their clearance section. They were only $2 so I figured I would buy them. You can't really beat fabric that cheap. After thinking about it, I thought I would make the attempt to create an infinity scarf out of one of the pillow cases. 

You'll Need:
Pillow Case {Any Size Will Do}
Sewing Machine
Scissors

1. Cut the edges of the pillow case so that you end up having a long piece of fabric. Don't cut the opposite end of the opening.


2.  Next, fold the fabric in half so that the "bad" side of the fabric is facing outward.



3. Sew the edge all the way until the fabric only has two openings. 



4. Turn the pillow case inside out so that now you have the right side of the fabric showing. If you're not familiar with sewing, you'll realize that steps 2 & 3 have provided you with a seamless look.

5. Lastly, put the two openings together and sew them. Voila! 



There's your pillow case scarf! My explanation may be a bit rough. If you have any questions, feel free to comment.



1 comment :

  1. You have great tips Tess, keep it up... Just bought my kids books for $244.. WOZAAAAA

    ReplyDelete